Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Post Dedicated to Things I Love (Mostly Capitals and Columns)

These are mostly leftover pictures from the rest of my Galilee trip...along with a few other things I've done since then! Here are the things I love!

I love singing! Here I am fulfilling a dream of mine to perform onstage (and notice how many people there are in the audience!) I love columns! So here I am by more columns...this time in a seaside town called Caesarea. Really loved it there. Mostly because we were looking at ancient castle ruins that were right on the sea. I could have definitely lived there and been okay with it.
I love boat rides on the Galilee! We had a neat experience here as we read the account of the Savior walking on water and calming the storm.
I love Capernaum! We had another wonderful experience as we sat outside the ancient synagogue here and discussed the Bread of Life Sermon.
I love having friends! :) It makes the experience so much better as you share it with those you have come to love!
I love the Jordan River. Especially when recently baptized men and women jump the fence and start swimming around in their see through baptismal garb. Those unfortunately memorable images will forever be with me.

I love seeing people I know in the Holy Land and I love the McConkie Family! What a surprise when I went to church today at the Jerusalem Center and saw them there. It was so nice to get a "mom hug" from Sister McConkie!

I love capitals (don't know if I mentioned that before...) JK! The obsession continues. This is a capital at the Pool of Bethesaida in Jerusalem.

We went on a field trip this week to the Dead Sea, Masada, Ein Gedi and Qumran (where they found the Dead Sea Scrolls) so I still need to post pictures from that amazing experience! I'm working on it!

7 comments:

Curt Alan Smith said...

Oh the sweet sounds of Shaunelle's voice. How I miss hearing show tunes through paper thin walls.

Anonymous said...

hello my sweet daughter! Thank you again for updating your pictures. I love seeing all the wonderful things you are doing and experiencing. You look so happy and beautiful. I must say though that I was a tad bit jealous of the mom hug!! Not really, but I do wish I could give you one also!! I can't wait for your next update. I love you!!

Valerie Housley said...

Shaunie!!! I found your blog from Cori's blog...you look GORGEOUS!!! Well, you always do, so that's nothing new!!! What an awesome experience to be where you are at at this time....I wish I could be in the same room when you see Sara again and the two of you can talk about all the fun experiences you will have both done...and to soak in all the knowledge you are gaining!!! Love you tons!

Holly said...

I can't believe you ran into the McConkie's in Jerusalem, of all places! (I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they were there--but it's just so ironic that you would run into each other on the other side of the world!) I love hearing about the things you love, and I think I'd like to see a capital in real life so that I can understand your obsession...! :)

Holly said...

P.S. Curt was very excited that he was the first to post on your blog this time. I think he mentioned it to me three times yesterday! :)

Anonymous said...

Our darling Shaunelle how we love to read your blog and see your pictures!!!
Your mom is teaching me how to send this as on the old program we could never open the comments.
Lauren, Rachel and I went to Miramont Castle and had lemonade and scones! We came home to a lovely staged and decorated "GRANNEY"S Attic"
and grandpa's dressing room!G & G B

Anonymous said...

Shaunelle, we are so pleased that you are having such an inspiring experience!
I love the way you write about your new life in the Holy Land.
Grandpa says he is so very proud of you too!
Sure love ya,
Grandpa Bob, Grandma Jeanne